fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere’s the heathens?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ceilidh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2008 at 12:45pm
Atheist.  
Seaside_Mommy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2009 at 12:27pm

I consider myself "spiritual but not religious". I went to a variety of Christian churches as a child, and while I had fun at the ones I can remember, I didn't stick with the Christian church.  If I have to choose a religion to classify myself as, I choose pagan.

My family does not regularly attend any kind of church/group, but my son does occasionally go to childrens classes on Sundays at my patners-bosses-church. We also send him to Vacation Bible School during the summer, mostly so he can get out of the house and have fun. I would like him to have the opportunity to learn about various faiths, without being indoctrinated into any single one. I currently do not focus on any religious studies with him. I just don't feel he is mature enough to understand that he is free to form his own opinions on a religion instead of believing what other people tell him.

I probably will focus on pagan practices if any at all as he gets older. I will still want him to study any and all faiths, but our Church of choice would be a UU church (which has a nice sized pagan population in our home of origin area) and we will probably attend gatherings with the local pagan socializing group.

The one thing I do NOT want my son to hear at a church is that his mommy is evil and going to hell because I believe in the possibility of all things.

Inana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Aug/2009 at 9:13am
Non Christian here as well.
outofrange View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Dec/2009 at 11:03am
I am new to homeschooling and we are UU's
mountain*mama View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Jan/2010 at 12:56am
It's always amazed me how many x-tians think they are the world majority.  Definitely not all of them think that! But still many.  Not the point thought.

Where is the secular curriculum?  Links please would be AWESOME, or since I'm brand new and totally ignorant of what's already been posted here, links to forums that already listed these resources would be so wonderful (and forgiveness for the ignorance if possible lol).  We'd even be cool with a curriculum that has one chapter focused on biblical issues that we can just skip over.  I am completely overwhelmed at this point and just wanting to do what's right for my kiddo. To anyone who replies - thank you for your help!!!!!!!
cahs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Feb/2012 at 4:39pm
The Secular Homeschool website has a forum that is a good place to ask about secular curricula.
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Feb/2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by cahs cahs wrote:

The Secular Homeschool website has a forum that is a good place to ask about secular curricula.

I moved her post to the "Curriculum" sub-forum. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic