Elementary Foreign Language

Home Forums Homeschooling Resource Boards Curriculum Elementary Foreign Language

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Laelanna 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Laelanna
    Participant

Have any of you come across a really good curriculum for foreign languages that isn’t super expensive. I want something that I teach, not dvd’s or computer taught. I would really like to start my 2nd and 4th grader on one this year. I was thinking Spanish, but will do most any right now just to get them started.

Guests
    Participant

To learn to “speak” spanish I would go to the library and check out the

material there. My local library carries a huge amount of languages by

several different publishers. The one I like best is Pimsleur Spanish 1,2 and

3 on cd 🙂

For the nuts and bolts of spanish a jr. high text book. The jr hi courses

start at the beginning as if you know nothing about spanish. They start

right at the beginning with the alphabet. Although it’s a jr. hi textbook you

should be able to start kids as long as they can read. An old textbook

might be found at goodwill cheaply, used book store, or ebay. Look for

spanish textbooks at the library.

CNBarnes
    Participant

Laelanna wrote: Have any of you come across a really good curriculum for foreign languages that isn’t super expensive. I want something that I teach, not dvd’s or computer taught.

Do you already speak Spanish? Or would you be learning it along side of your kids?

Laelanna
    Participant

I took it in high school, but that being said dora the explorer is the extent of what I know and Donde el banyo? *grins*
    So mostly, I would be learning it with them. I had a book from Wal-mart a couple of years ago that I was using to teach my then 4 year old and it was gerat for his level The Big book of Spanish or something but mine doesn’t carry them anymore

Laelanna
    Participant

Ha! I found the book I used. I figure it will at least be a start until I can afford to invest more into a curriculum for a language. Trying to get basic skills books together right now.

http://www.schoolspecialtypublishing.com/store/item.aspx?Bra ndId=12&ItemId=6265

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register Here