“Watch in Amazement as Your Homeschool Becomes What You’ve Always Dreamed It Could Be!”
Welcome homeschool friends, we’re glad you’re here. Most of the crew at Homeschool.com has been homeschooling for quite a while and we want you to know – You are not alone! You have a caring support group and together we are going to help you give your children the education you have always dreamed about.
My name is Jamie and I’m the Editor in Chief of Homeschool.com. I’ve been homeschooling for over 14 years and have homeschooled 4 of my six children right into college and tech school.
I remember when I first told my husband that I wanted to homeschool the kids. He said, “But what about socialization? What about college?” Those are definitely some of the first questions that come to mind for those beginning this journey. Yet, we’ve also found that those are two easily addressed questions that truly don’t make or break your homeschool endeavors. Yet, those questions are usually just the first of a series of really good questions for which you need answers. Answers are exactly why we are here. We have been in your shoes and remember just how confusing it all seemed at the beginning of our homeschool journey. We know you want the best for your children and we are here to help you accomplish that!
Our Homeschool Helping Hand Virtual Conference is designed to give you 24/7 access to the answers you seek without having to wait for a conference or pay for something you just can’t afford. Bookmark this page and use it as a reference during your first year of homeschooling. And remember we are right here beside you with a Helping Hand in Homeschooling!
Homeschool Help Session 1:
- You find out if homeschooling is right for you.
- You learn the homeschooling laws in your area.
- We share our stories of how people responded when we told them we were going to homeschool. (You are not alone)
Homeschool Help Session 2:
- We’ll answer your frequently asked questions about homeschooling.
Homeschool Help Session 3:
- You create a daily & weekly homeschooling schedule that works for YOU.
Homeschool Help Session 4:
- You get to discover your child’s learning style!
- We share practical techniques on how you can adjust your teaching style to match their learning style.
Homeschool Help Session 5:
- You learn about the different types of homeschooling (including Waldorf, Montessori, Classical, Unschooling, Unit Studies, Christian, Eclectic, Traditional, and Charlotte Mason) and decide what type of homeschooler you are!
Homeschool Help Session 6:
- You start exploring all the wonderful curriculum choices available to you.
- We will give you our product reviews and recommendations.
- You give a hand to others by telling them about the products that you love.
Homeschool Help Session 7:
- You find out what your child should be covering for his/her grade level.
Homeschool Help Session 8:
- You bond with your child and find out what their #1 goal is.
- Together, we help each other figure out how to make that dream a reality.
- What are your goals for this semester? What are you hoping to accomplish?
Homeschool Help Session 9:
- Now that you have your curriculum and you know your goals, it’s time to create your beautiful learning environment.
- How do you want to organize your supplies?
- Do you want to create learning centers in your home?
Homeschool Help Session 10:
- This week, we are going to cover common problems and their solutions.
- We will talk about self-care so you can avoid homeschool “burnout.”
Let’s put an end to the worry and uncertainty…
Instead…You grab a cup of coffee, look over your plans for the day, and smile. It’s going to be a great day.
The kids wake up rested and relaxed. They are excited about their plans for the day. They are proud of what they are learning and accomplishing. At the dinner table that night, they eagerly share what they learned that day. Their eyes are bright and eager and your heart expands because you know you’re the one who made this beautiful experience possible.
You can’t wait to share your joy with your friends on the “Helping Hand in Homeschooling” Facebook group. You’ve been there for each other every step of the way – through the challenges and the joys – and you love being able to share your good news and thanking them for all their help and encouragement.
Sound far-fetched? It really isn’t. In fact, it’s much closer than you think.
Not long ago, my son stood in front of his friends and family to celebrate his high school graduation. When he hugged me and publicly thanked me for homeschooling him, it was such a beautiful moment that I had tears in my eyes.
And here’s the most amazing thing of all…
- I loved doing it.
- It’s enriched my life so much.
- I realized I had become the kind of parent I had always wanted to be.
The textbook we use for this course is Homeschooling and Loving It! (available on Amazon or a free download), which has sold over 30,000 copies. Here are some of the beautiful testimonials we have received:
Colleen Manuola (homeschooling mom)
“I’ve always enjoyed homeschooling, but sometimes I felt tired and overwhelmed. I’ve learned so much from Rebecca. When I find out someone wants to homeschool, I give her a copy of Homeschooling and Loving It! so she can start out the right way.”
Blayne Liparoto (homeschooling parent)
“Thank you, Rebecca! My children are so much happier and our days are so much smoother. Plus, I feel more confident that my children are learning what they need to know and that we are making good progress. Your book is a godsend!”
Joyce Herzog (author, speaker & consultant)
“I’m loving Homeschool and Loving It! because it is well written, well-designed, and much needed! It clearly and simply starts at the beginning and shows the way to the end. It considers more than ‘school’ and goes on to incorporate all aspects of learning. Most importantly, it revolves around discovering and encouraging each child’s uniqueness and individuality. Whether you are new to the idea of homeschooling or just need to regain momentum or change direction, you’ll find this book most helpful. It guides you to think, design, and gather the resources to carry out a step-by-step homeschooling plan in which your family will thrive. Your biggest disappointment may be, like mine, when you come to the end and there is no more!”
Tamara Orr (homeschooling author)
“Homeschooling is one of the most important choices a family will ever make. While the decision should be based on research and information, the daily routine of it needs to be based on a mutual passion for discovery, ongoing respect for each other, and the joy that learning as a family can bring. With Rebecca’s book in hand, it will be easy – and so worthwhile
Marilyn Rocket (author of Homeschooling at the Speed of Life)
“From cradle to college, Homeschooling and Loving It! covers just about all there is to know and do to love homeschooling. Newcomers will get off to a great start in their homeschooling and veterans will learn new things that can add joy and inspiration to their days. Rebecca Kochenderfer’s informative and encouraging style lifts and supports rather than piles on guilt. Her activities help put legs to your new knowledge, making this very useful for all family members. Homeschooling and Loving It! strikes a delightful balance in attainable ‘structure for a purpose’ while moving yourself and your children to life goals.”
Joanne Calderwood (homeschool consultant)
“The best way to turn your children into self-learners is to get them excited about learning, and one of the best ways I know to get your children excited about learning is to follow Rebecca’s advice.”