Episode 30: How to Make Summer Learning Fun!
By: Jamie Gaddy
Hello and welcome back to Episode 30 of Homeschool.com’s Homeschooling and Loving It Podcast. This week we have a special guest, one who has been here before and is always such an encouragement! I’d like to welcome Andrea Dillon from A2ZHomeschooling.com
Today we’re going to be talking about Summer Learning!
Why do summer learning?
- Summer learning slide
- What is it?
- Is it real?
- What can we do about the Summer Learning Slide
Ideas for Summer Learning
- Don’t say “school” unless you want a riot
- Take a break
- Make summer learning different from regular year-long learning
- Go bigger and messier in the summer
- Create big outdoor versions of your favorite games
- Visit museums
- Learn new skills
- volunteer (add to your high school transcripts)
Remember to keep it low stress and fun!
Andrea and I both wish everyone a summer full of learning adventures and fun!
Until next time,
Just in case you want to check out the article I mentioned in the podcast.
About the Series
Where'd my instruction manual go??? I know we've all wondered that about parenting and homeschooling! Join us as we chat about the big stuff and everything in-between! Helping homeschoolers with practical teaching tips to find all they need to Homeschool and Love it!!