American Heritage Education Foundation Homeschool Curriculum Review
Summary of American Heritage Education Foundation Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grades: K-12
- Subjects: History/Social Studies
- Category: Faith-based
- Format: Textbooks, PDF Downloads, Online Videos
- Price: Free – $55
Visit the American Heritage Education Foundation website here.
How to Use American Heritage Education Foundation in Your Homeschool
American Heritage Education Foundation (AHEF) provides social studies and American history curricula from a Biblical perspective for all ages and grades. While the curriculum is supplemental and in-depth, it is offered free of charge for homeschooling families!
In addition to the curriculum, the website is full of helpful information. They address the need for civics education, the formula for America’s success, books one can purchase for more information, and much more. Though its origin and base are in Texas, AHEF has programs and links for those all over the country.
American Heritage Education Foundation Highlights
American Heritage Education Foundation offers the following programs:
- America’s Heritage: An Adventure in Liberty (Free K-12 Lesson Plans)
- America’s Heritage: An Experiment in Self-Government (Free 6-12 Units)
- The Miracle of America (Text and Free 9-12 Units, Higher Ed, Adult)
- American Heritage Month Resources
- The Founding Blog
- AHEF Seminars & Teacher Workshops
- American History & Western Civilization Challenge Bowl (AHWCCB)™
American Heritage Education Foundation Pros and Cons
- Options for all grades and ages
- FREE social studies curriculum
- Can be downloaded or purchased as a textbook through their online store
- Offers many links for additional American history content and programs
- It is Biblically/Faith-based – Some families may find this a con.
Additional Comments on American Heritage Education Foundation
In their words:
“The American Heritage Education Foundation (AHEF) is dedicated to the teaching and understanding of America’s philosophical heritage–including the Bible-inspired principles that shaped America’s founding–to promote constructive citizenship and Freedom, Unity, Progress, and Responsibility (FUPR) among students and citizens.
AHEF accomplishes this patriotic mission locally and nationally by providing free K-College educational resources for teachers and citizens, workshops, an academic scholarship competition for college students, and other educational programs.”
Visit their website today!