Alpha Omega Publications Homeschool Curriculum Review
SUMMARY of AOP Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grade Level: K-12
- Subject: All Subjects
- Category: Faith-based
- Format: Online, project, and text-based learning
- Price: Varies based on curriculum
Visit Alpha Omega Publications
How to Use Alpha Omega Publications in Your Homeschool
Alpha Omega Publications offers a variety of Christian-based homeschool curricula in both online and print formats. These include their Monarch subscription plans, LIFEPAC, Weaver, and Horizons. AOP also offers Ignite Christian Academy, an online Christian school for grades K-12.
Alpha Omega Publications Highlights
- Monarch Curriculum – This media-rich online Christian homeschool curriculum offers automatic grading and record-keeping.
- Ignite Christian Academy – AOP also offers Ignite Christian Academy, an online Christian school for grades K-12.
- LifePac – Students master concepts before progressing in this self-directed worktext homeschool curriculum.
- Weaver – A unique unit-based, Christian curriculum, this homeschooling curriculum uses the same daily Bible theme as a foundation and then creates lessons for each student.
- Horizons – Brightly illustrated workbooks focus on the spiral learning process of introduction, review, and reinforcement. Teacher-led.
Alpha Omega Publications Pros and Cons
- With several different curriculum options, you’re likely to find one that would work for your family.
- The website walks you through the entire process from discovering your child’s learning style, to which curriculum would be the best fit, to offering tips on creating a schedule. It really simplifies the process.
- They offer a 30-day free trial of the Monarch plan so you can try it out and see if it works for your homeschool student.
- With so many options catering to different learning styles, it was difficult to find a con with this company.
Personal Review of the Monarch Homeschool Curriculum
“This is my Monarch homeschool curriculum review. It’s an online homeschool curriculum for grades 3-12. A Monarch family subscription gives you access to 50 online homeschooling courses for up to 3 students in five subject areas. These subject areas include 1) Bible 2) history/geography 3) language arts 4) math and 5) science.
I like Monarch. Specifically, I like that:
- Monarch Bible offers a complete, online study of the Old and New Testaments.
- Using verses from the King James Bible, the lessons cover seven major themes, including theology, the attributes of God, biblical literature, biblical background, Christian growth, Christian evidences, and special themes.
- The curriculum outlines how scriptural concepts apply to other academic areas, giving kids a broad Christian worldview.
- Again, as mentioned, a Monarch family subscription includes a lot – 50 courses across grades 3-12.
- AOP offers free placement tests so you can accurately place your kids into the Monarch system – a plus. No wasted time when you start Monarch, and no frustrations, because you picked an incorrect starting point.
- AOP offers a variety of informational/overview and getting started materials. FYI – you can watch an overview of the Monarch curriculum here.
- I appreciate the way the lessons are set up. They are brief, with clear, understandable facts. The lessons are interesting and media-rich, and include great illustrations, video clips, audio files, challenging games, interactive exercises, and more. Interesting is always a plus! And the questions/quizzes after each lesson provide a good review.
- Monarch lessons are up to date. With real-time content, updates are made automatically. Another plus! Always hearing how textbooks are out-of-date? This isn’t an issue with Monarch.
- The Monarch assignment screens are very useful. The screens show your child’s daily assignments, a curriculum overview, due dates, and more.
- The Teacher’s Dashboard makes it easy to track assignments and your child’s progress. This helps you focus your efforts – you can address and resolve challenges as they arise, reward achievements, and celebrate successes in real-time.
- Anytime/anywhere access, with no installation. I really appreciate this, since we often homeschool on the go. And I hate downloading programs to our computer/slowing it down. FYI – Monarch is compatible with most web browsers on both Windows® and Macintosh® operating systems.
- Their secure data storage is very nice. Monarch stores your child’s academic records for seven years after your subscription ends. Accessible anytime, your child’s grades are neatly logged, so you have everything you need to prepare high school transcripts.
- I hadn’t really thought of this until AOP pointed it out – but I do like that this is an eco-friendly, green way of learning (as there’s no need for textbooks, CD-ROM software, or printed copies of assignments).
- AOP offers four budget-friendly plans. I appreciate options! You can pay as you go ($39.95/month) or purchase a yearly plan ($399.95/year for one student). Both options are available for an individual student or you can add an additional student for $19.95/month or $199.95/year.
- I really enjoy their blog!
I don’t know about you, but I appreciate continuity – being able to stay with the same program – or the same company for YEARS – not having to shop anew for curriculum each and every school year. I REALLY like that AOP offers options that grow with my kids, and that the company offers NUMEROUS options.”