Apologia Homeschool Curriculum Review
Summary of Apologia Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grades: K-12
- Subjects: Science, Social Studies, Math
- Category: Faith-Based
- Format: Textbooks, digital/online classes
- Price: Varies per product ($13 – $315)
How to Use Apologia in Your Homeschool
Apologia is the #1 publisher of creation-based science and Bible curriculum with more than 75 #1 awards from homeschool parents and media. Apologia produces content that is written to the student in an engaging conversational style.
The textbooks are academically sound, rigorous, and college-prep. Each one is also Christ-centered and creation-based and adheres to a biblical worldview. Apologia has curricula for all ages, and it is easy to implement. Apologia works great for teaching science to multiple ages at once, which is perfect for large homeschooling families.
Apologia also has an online academy where students can take live and graded classes, as well as courses that they can work on at their own pace. The online academy is divided into four departments: science, mathematics, Christian worldview, and the department of language, literature, and government. Apologia has sample classes available for you to preview.
We’ve always loved the book extras that Apologia makes available to homeschoolers who have purchased materials. The elementary level science was a perfect fit for all six of our children when they were young. The way the texts are written using conversational style made it very simple to teach even the most difficult science concepts.
- Courses in science and worldview for all grades, math for elementary, and social studies for high school.
- Textbooks formats for all grades
- Online classes available for grades 7-12
- Audiobooks available
- eBook options
- CD companion guides
- DVD companion guides
- Science kits with complete experiment supplies
- Available in bundles or individual products
Apologia Pros and Cons
- Courses can be found in various formats: Textbook, online, audiobook, and eBook!
- Easily bundle materials for a complete course experience
- Based in scientific fact while supporting a Christian worldview
- May still need supplemental materials for visual learners.
- Bundles can become expensive. Without the bundle, though, students may miss out on enlightening experiences.
- Likely not suitable for secular homeschoolers
Helpful Resources from Apologia
Apologia’s website offers a page filled with free activities for children and homeschool guides for parents. Visit their page and take advantage of these amazing resources!