Breaking the Barrier Homeschool Product Review
Breaking the Barrier Product Review
How to Use Breaking the Barrier
Breaking the Barrier is a leader in print and digital language learning. Featuring instruction in Spanish, French, and English for Spanish speakers, Breaking the Barrier provides students with a solid understanding of language fundamentals as well as cultural insights from around the world. The Homeschool Package contains everything you need for an entire year’s worth of foreign language instruction! Students will come away from this program with not only a firm grasp on a new language but also a unique understanding of people they might not otherwise study.
Breaking the Barrier Program Features
- Learn Spanish, French, or English
- Available in print or digital forms
- A fast path to true language fluency
Breaking the Barrier offers many things to love. Our favorite, however, is the fact that the workbook-textbook with all lessons and exercises, accompanying audio with hours of recordings from native speakers, answer key, the testing program (with answers!), and the handy Oasis Travel Dictionary, are also available in the iTunes App Store! That means you get tons of great materials without the need for extra shelf space to store them all.
Breaking the Barrier Pros and Cons
Breaking the Barrier Pricing Information
The price varies from individual course price to bundles. Independent courses may be as low as $53, while homeschool bundles may include several courses for $115.
What should I purchase?
- “Homeschool Family or Self-Learner: The Homeschool Package has everything you need: Textbook, Audio, Answer Key, Testing Program, and the Oasis. Classroom Teacher: Teacher’s Edition Textbook, Student Edition Textbook, Audio, Answer Key, and Testing Program. “
Why should I choose Breaking the Barrier?
- “Series Author John Conner has taught Spanish for over thirty years. His instruction has led thousands of Groton School students to feel comfortable speaking a new language. They have scored highly on AP examinations and embraced what they’ve learned about new cultures. We have received numerous awards and recognition from organizations including Fast Company, This Old Schoolhouse, the Revere Awards, the state of Virginia, and others for our pedagogy and technological tools. Simply put, we feel that Breaking the Barrier’s approach is the fastest way to achieve true language fluency.”
I don’t speak any Spanish/French/English, but I want to learn. Can I use this program?
- “Yes! We recommend purchasing the Homeschool package. It contains all you need. For Spanish vocabulary practice, make sure to review our Spanish Vocabulary App.”
How about the digital audio files? Can you tell me about them?
- “These digital audio files provide wonderful practice for students by accompanying the core textbook/workbook with native male and female speakers from around the Hispanic and Francophone worlds. Each level models the new vocabulary, contains segments for conversation practice, and offers the audio tracks for the adventure series or cultural articles. Icons in the print book tell you the corresponding track number for each exercise.
After you purchase through our website, you will be sent a link for a one-time download of the audio files.”
What’s the difference between the teacher edition and the answer key booklet?
- “The teacher edition is a student book with the answers. The answer key booklet, on the other hand, is a loose-leaf packet containing printouts of the exercises with answers.”