Brightspire Virtual School Curriculum Review
SUMMARY of Brightspire Virtual School Curriculum Review
- Grades: 6-12
- Subjects: Students have hundreds of courses to choose from including core subjects, STEAM electives, career and technical electives (CTE), world languages, honors, and Advanced Placement®.
- Category: Fully accredited, secular virtual school
- Format: Blended learning program including self-paced content, certified teachers, on-demand tutors, and 1-on-1 mentorship.
- Price: Full-time, yearlong enrollment: $3,990
How to Use Brightspire Virtual School in Your Homeschool
Brightspire Virtual School is a complete, fully accredited online school for homeschooling students in grades 6-12. As children reach these older grades, it’s often more difficult for parents to feel confident teaching the necessary subjects. If this is where you find yourself, let Brightspire do the work for you. With its certified teachers, tutors, mentors, and unique approach to learning, Brightspire is ready to help you as a parent while setting your children up for long-term success.
Brightspire Virtual School Highlights
The unique aspect that sets Brightspire apart is its Inspired Learner framework. Graduates of Brightspire leave with a set of life skills that make up what they call the Inspired Learner. An Inspired Learner does the following:
- Understands and values the power of having a growth mindset
- Sets goals and actively seeks helps
- Takes ownership of their learning journey
- Discovers paths toward self-fulfillment
The school uses several approaches to help students successfully become Inspired Learners. These include a comprehensive student support ecosystem, individualized mentoring, on-demand tutoring, and 1-on-1 instruction from certified teachers.
Brightspire Virtual School Pros and Cons
- Unique Approach.: The Inspired Learner framework focuses on essential life skills that many students need.
- On-Demand Tutoring. Unlimited access to live tutors is made available as a built-in feature of the learning management system (LMS), providing students with immediate help whenever they need it.
- Mentoring. Upon enrollment to Brightspire Virtual School, your child will be assigned a mentor who will make contact within the first week. Throughout their enrollment, they will have the opportunity to schedule 1:1 virtual meetings with their mentor. The mentor will stay with them through graduation to ensure success.
- Certified Teachers. Experienced, certified teachers lead students through each course 1-on-1. They are available to schedule live sessions with students and parents.
- At Home or Anywhere. Like other virtual schools, the program is offered fully online.
- Rolling Admissions. No application deadlines.
- Student-Paced Courses. With no regularly scheduled live sessions, students are free to move through the course at their own pace.
- Accreditation. Brightspire Virtual School is accredited by Cognia and its courses are NCAA-approved.
- More Screen Time. Since Brightspire is a fully online school, the amount of screen time may be a concern for some parents.
- Limited Live Instruction. While Brightspire does offer live tutoring, mentoring, and teacher meetings, there are no regularly scheduled live classes.
- No Test Prep. Brightspire does not offer support for students who need to prepare for college entrance exams like the SAT.
- Limited College Counseling. Brightspire mentors help students stay on track for graduation, but there is limited support in preparing for college applications and transitioning to college.
Additional Answers to FAQ for Brightspire Virtual School
Visit Brightspire’s FAQ page here to discover more information!