CambriLearn Homeschool Curriculum Review
CambriLearn Homeschool Curriculum Review Summary
- Grades: PreK-12
- Subjects: Computer Science, History, Language Arts, Languages, Math, Phonics, Science, Social Studies
- Category: Non-religious
- Format: Online, Books
- Price: $450 – $752 per year
How to Use CambriLearn in Your Homeschool
CambriLearn provides a comprehensive online education using the world-renowned British International curriculum, preparing students of all ages to be successful in work, at university and in life.
The platform offers interactive live lessons, direct chat with teachers, a lesson library that can be searched by topic, and a forum for students to socialize on. At each level, students are prepared for the British Council exams by completing marked assignments and mock exams.
CambriLearn has been providing online schooling and education for the past decade and has custom-built its platform to meet our students’ (and parents’) unique needs.
- Recommended Study Timelines: Each course has a Course Outline which provides a recommended weekly breakdown of the work you need to do and the assignments due for submission.Each course takes into account the necessary revision time you would need in order to adequately prepare for the exams.Students can start their course at any time in the year and work at a pace which suits them.
- Tailor-made Content: Our interactive, multi-sensory courses are tailored by our subject specialists to be used in conjunction with the prescribed textbooks.Our courses provide supplementary study material (e.g. exercises, worksheets, past paper practice).Our live lessons library allows you to watch videos of past live lessons on topics which are of particular interest to you, and at a time convenient to you.
- Professional online teachers: CambriLearn teachers deliver weekly live lessons which you can follow no matter where you are in the course (for both Standard & Premium subscribers).Our teachers are available online during business hours to answer any queries you may have or to deliver face-to-face Question & Answer sessions (Premium subscribers only).The Q&A sessions also give you a chance to meet other students in your class and to gain an insight into the types of queries they may have.
- Feedback on marked assignments: Assignments are marked within 7 working days of submission.Our specialist subject teachers ensure thorough feedback is given in their comments with the aim of helping you to improve as you work through the course.For the higher levels (IG, AS & A Level exams), you have the opportunity to write a mock exam with us before writing the actual exam with Cambridge. This means that you will know what to expect and be more thoroughly prepared for the exams.
- Exams: For Primary and Foundation levels, students complete a final exam (facilitated by their parent or tutor) to determine whether they are ready to move on to the next level of study.This exam is submitted to the relevant CambriLearn teacher, who provides detailed and personalised feedback on the final results.For International GCSE, AS Level and A Level, exams are written at Cambridge Accredited Testing Centres (located in over 160 countries), and marked and certified by Cambridge International Education.
CambriLearn Pros and Cons
- Everything is taught online by teachers, removing the stress of teaching from parents
- Accreditation through Cognia
- Uses the International British Curriculum
- What is the International British curriculum?The International British curriculum is based on the world’s most widely-recognised British system of learning and assessment, boasting more than 160 years of expertise. It is a highly-regarded and accredited primary and secondary school programme that allows a seamless integration with national curricula worldwide.This is largely owing to its design, which encompasses global concepts, making it fully international and independent of traditional educational philosophy.
- As it is an online school, it isn’t traditional homeschooling
Additional Comments from CambriLearn Users
“I love the subjects. Especially Science. It’s interesting and fun learning through Cambrilearn.” -D’Angelo Carolus
“My questions are always answered by either a member of the support team or the teacher.” -Nikki Reddy
“All the material is well organized and easily accessible.” -Magdel Enslin
“The content is very rich to suit the learner’s interest.” -Gideon Akwera