Code Avengers Homeschool Curriculum Review
Summary of Code Avengers Homeschool Curriculum Review:
- Grades: K-12
- Subjects: Computer Science
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online
- Price: $20/month for 1-year, $25/mo for 6 months, or $29/mo subscription plan
Visit the Code Avengers website here.
How to Use Code Avengers in Your Homeschool
“Code Avengers automatically tracks your child’s achievements as they work through lessons and activities. From your Parent Dashboard, you can view your children’s progress through the courses, the projects they’ve created, and the concepts they’ve learned.”
Code Avengers Highlights
- Online courses
- Offers programs for children as young as five years old!
- STEM-focused programs
- By knowing how to code, hobby and future career opportunities expand for your children.
- Programs offered in Junior, Pro, or Educators
- Junior has three levels: Foundational (ages 5-11), Intermediate (ages 10-15), and Advanced (ages 13-16).
- Pro has three options: Try It Out, Learn a Language (a computer language, 1-3 months), or Build a Career (6+ months).
- Educators can access a curriculum of online courses and free content for ages 5-18+.
Code Avengers Pros and Cons
- Available for all ages
- Affordable program
- Easily integrates into a homeschool schedule
- Educator plan may not apply to homeschool parents
- The available plans may not fit all families and budgets
- Could require more time than anticipated
Helpful Resources from Code Avengers
Code Avengers offers a free, 10-day trial for their JR and PRO selections, and a free, 30-day trial for educators which can be viewed here.