CourseBridge Homeschool Curriculum Review
Summary of CourseBridge Homeschool Curriculum Review:
- Grades: 6-12
- Subjects: Math and Language Arts
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online
- Price: $54.99 per course
How to Use CourseBridge in Your Homeschool
The focus of the CourseBridge curriculum is to provide a student-centered way to fill learning gaps and strengthen key skills. This streamlined path targets middle and high school students in the areas of mathematics and language arts for after-school studies, supplemental practice alongside a full course, skill refreshers to avoid the summer slide, remediating COVID learning loss, college, military, and placement test prep, or skill strengthening before advancing to the next course.
The courses typically contain 25-30 lessons. Though the amount of time spent is up to you, students devoting 30-45 minutes every day can complete a course in roughly 3 months. These lessons include direct instruction, interactive practice, and online assessment. An end-of-course exam is provided as a summative assessment of the CourseBridge skills.
CourseBridge memberships are $54.95/course for 6 months. Each additional course is 10% off.
- Direct Instruction: CourseBridge lessons contain video-based instruction that uses effective educational techniques that involve students in a multidimensional learning experience. Educators follow a structured sequenced approach to ensure the student’s mastery of content. These lessons employ the typical classroom format with which school-enrolled students will be familiar.
- Real-World Connections: Each lesson connects learning objectives to real-world examples and applications in order to promote students’ critical thinking. The lessons activate students’ prior knowledge to create connections between old and new information. When students connect what they are learning to their own experiences and the world around them, they are more engaged and retain the knowledge better.
- Checking Understanding: Throughout each lesson, there are “informal” or non-graded assessments that check student understanding of the material and key skills. Lessons use scaffolding (breaking down concepts into smaller chunks of learning) to guide students toward skill mastery.
CourseBridge Pros and Cons
- Flexible courses
- Standards-aligned lessons
- Additional courses are 10% off
- Moneyback Guarantee (if canceled within 48 hours)
- Great for homeschooled or school-educated students
- None we could find