Elephango Homeschool Curriculum Review
Summary of Elephango Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grades: PreK-12
- Subjects: College and Career, English Language Arts, Fine Arts, Geography, Government, History, Life Skills, Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, Teaching Tips and Tools, Technology
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online with Downloadable worksheets
- Price: $19.99/mo OR $16.67/mo billed annually
How to Use Elephango in Your Homeschool
Elephango is an asset to your homeschool in that it encourages a love of learning. If you have a child hesitant to learn or complete their studies or who simply does not enjoy school, Elephango is here to help. With over 3,000 PreK-12 grade lessons, Elephango seeks to provide curiosity, understanding, and confidence in your learner.
Elephango is not a repetitive, mastery platform, but encourages critical thinking skills. Their website states: “Elephango is not a skill and drill platform. Instead, every lesson is designed around the neuroscience of learning and moves from skill-building to critical thinking, to problem-solving and application to life.”
- Sort by grade, age, learning style, personality style, lesson type, and more
- The Elephango curriculum offers lessons in all subjects for Pre-K – 12 grades
- Adult learners can also find success with Elephango
- Focus on lifelong learning and catering to interests, not just learning to test
- One-to-One Learning that seeks to:
- Develop essential life skills
- Build optimistic, confident learners
- Accelerate learning through personalization
- Expand reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Trophies, badges, and awards to keep students coming back for more
The Elephango subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to more than 3000 K-12 lessons designed to spark curiosity and inspire a love of learning in your children
- Up to four easy-to-use accounts so your family can let their curiosity drive their learning
- Lessons designed to build character and develop emotional intelligence
- Our personalization tool assigns lessons tailored to each child’s unique personality and style
- Embedded educational videos, interactive content and activities, downloadable worksheets, projects, and learning adventures for all ages
Elephango Pros and Cons
- Caters to different learning styles (Auditory, Kinesthetic, and Visual) and personality styles (Lion, Otter, Beaver, and Golden Retriever)
- Can access according to subject, grade, time/units, content type, lesson type, learning style, or personality style
- Many exciting courses to choose from for all grades
- Students can learn at their own pace
- Affordable subscription costs
- A mixture of online games and instructions with downloadable worksheets and activities available without screens
- It may not be a complete curriculum, but rather an archive of individual resources.
- Some budget homeschoolers may prefer a “one-and-done” payment, not a subscription.
Comments from Elephango Reviewer
“My 5-year-old son enjoyed playing the games and completing the lessons. They were interactive and kept his attention, which is a win in my book. I thought it was neat how the lessons were prepared with videos, games linked from other websites, and extra downloadable content to continue the lesson without the computer. The ability to earn badges is also a great incentive to continue mastering a subject or topic.
When looking through the other courses available, I loved the topics and content. Certain subjects that could be seen by many students as boring are presented in a fun way that makes kids eager to learn. This is often attempted by a curriculum, but it is actually achieved by Elephango. In addition, there are many courses that are not necessarily requirements but appeal to different students’ interests and enhance a love of learning. These are some of their popular classes:
As every child is unique and learns differently, I also appreciated the distinction between courses that apply to different learning and personality styles.
I have nothing but good things to say about Elephango. For homeschoolers looking for additional focused learning on a topic or some looking for interesting electives, give Elephango a try!” – Naomi W., North Carolina