Homeschool Buyers Co-op Product Review
Homeschool Buyers Co-op Product Review
- Grades: Pre-K-12
- Subjects: All
- Category: Can find Religious or Non-Religious resources
- Format: Online shopping
- Price: Free to join the co-op
How to Use Homeschool Buyers Co-op
The Homeschool Buyers Co-op is a resource for purchasing various curricula and homeschooling resources! By joining the club, you’ll join over 100,000 families in helping each other save money on quality materials. Membership is FREE and products are searchable by numerous filters such as subjects, grades, religious, and more.
Homeschool Buyers Co-op Program Features
With over 190,000 families, the Homeschool Buyers Co-op is the worlds’ largest buyers club for homeschooling families. HSBC is able to use their membership as purchasing power to get the best deals for homeschooling families.
AT HSBC they understand that there are so many options in the homeschooling world it can be overwhelming. This is why they limit the options to a handful of the best homeschooling resources for each subject/content area.
HSBC has great customer service! They try their best to meet customer’s needs as quickly as possible. But, HSBC doesn’t just sell homeschooling resources, there are loads of great freebies homeschool families can use at any time.
Joining HSBC is free and easy to do – just click here and start getting the deals!
- Free membership
- Online shopping
- Participate in discounts for large groups
- Find products in all subjects, grades, and formats
Homeschool Buyers Co-op Pros and Cons
Homeschool Buyers Co-op Pricing Information
It is free for homeschooling families to join this co-op. The product prices vary from supplier to supplier, but with the large purchasing power clout of the co-op size, members can enjoy discounts of anywhere from 10% to 90%. However, there may be additional fees during checkout, for example, credit card fees and service fees.
Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op FAQs
Why have a Homeschool Buyers Co-op?
- “School districts get educational discounts — why not homeschoolers? The reason is simple: school districts have purchasing power and homeschoolers don’t because we buy homeschool curriculum as individuals. The Co-op changes that by combining the purchasing power of thousands of homeschooling families around the country to give homeschoolers the same purchasing clout as school districts. It is a simple proposition, and it works! Just take a look at the many educational suppliers in the Index of GroupBuys section that offer homeschool resources and curriculum from 10% to 90% off their retail prices.”
How much does membership cost?
How do we make our money?
“Yes, membership is free. And yes, we give you the best deal on the planet for the products in our catalog. And yes, we have lots of expenses to cover, including salaries, advertising, servers, software licenses, etc. So how do we pay for it all and still give you the best value anywhere for the products we bring you?
- We keep our expenses low. We have no office buildings or fancy equipment. All of our staff work out of their homes and communicate by phone, email, Skype, and through online conferences. We do not staff a call center, but we pride ourselves on providing fast, courteous email support, with priority to those who have billing issues. And, we don’t have a shipping facility – our suppliers drop ship your order for physical goods directly from their own warehouses.
- We charge service fees to help defray some of the direct costs of processing your order, such as credit card merchant charges and special setup costs.
- If we decide to bring their products to our membership, then the publishers not only give our members the best deal on the planet, but they pay us to advertise their offer to our membership and the wider homeschooling community. In some cases, that payment is a flat fee or a commission on sales. In other cases, they sell us the product at a wholesale price and we mark it up just enough to cover our expenses. But no matter how it happens, we always take care to ensure that our members get the best deal on the planet.”