Homeschool+ Curriculum Review
Homeschool.com was paid to conduct an honest review of this product by a homeschool parent.
Summary of Homeschool+ Curriculum Review
- Grades: PreK-2
- Subjects: Math, Reading, Art, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, Spanish, Piano
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online
- Price: $299.99 annually until canceled or $35.99 per month until canceled
How to Use Homeschool+ in Your Homeschool
Homeschool+ is a complete 4-year homeschool program for children ages 4-8 by Age of Learning – the creators of ABCmouse® and Adventure Academy®. Homeschool+’s math and reading programs, My Math Academy® and My Reading Academy™, are adaptive curriculums. As your child learns new skills, the difficulty increases to allow for additional skill-building and keeps your child from having learning gaps.
From Preschool to 2nd Grade, Homeschool+ lays a wonderful foundation for math and reading, along with other fun classes in science, social studies, and more. The Lesson Planner allows parents to choose what classes they want their child to take throughout a week’s time and schedules them. Then, parents can print detailed lesson plans that involve not only the online lessons but also additional activities that can be done to reinforce the subjects being taught. The Progress Tracker keeps up with what your child has completed and where they stand in the program.
The Homeschool+ curriculum includes the following courses:
- My Math Academy®
- My Reading Academy™
- Science Experiments and Demonstrations
- Animals and Habitats I
- Animals and Habitats II
- Systems of the Human Body
- Think Like a Scientist
- Writing For Different Purposes
- Reading Comprehension Practice
- Community Citizenship I
- Community Citizenship II
- Cultures and Places to Explore
- Maps and Landmarks
- Art: Colors and Shapes
- First Spanish Words
Homeschool+ Pros and Cons
- Free 10-day trial, then $39.99 monthly until canceled or $299.99 annually until canceled
- An adaptive math and reading curriculum, covering all necessary foundational skills
- Exciting lessons to keep kids engaged
- Activities that extend beyond screen time
- Comprehensive lesson plans and Progress Tracker for parental convenience
- An easy-to-use Lesson Planner to help you keep track of your day
- With a free trial to determine if it’s the right fit, there are no cons we could find
Additional Comments from Homeschool+ Reviewer
“My 5-year-old loved this program! My Math Academy was his favorite, as he loves numbers. He also enjoyed the Shapeys, and I loved that they doubled as manipulatives to help him grasp the concepts.
My son has not shown any interest as of yet in learning letters, but he did enjoy some of the reading games, and he loved the stories being read to him. I appreciated the comprehension questions after the story to see what is being retained. I’m hoping that by continuing with the program, his desire to learn will grow into a love of reading.
The other classes are also so fun, specifically the art, piano, and animal habitat lessons. This program is really great at engaging kids and keeping their attention. Learning is fun to my little boy, and what parent could ask for more from a curriculum?
I particularly love the detailed, printable lesson plans and activities that go beyond the computer. We plan to use Homeschool+ until my son ages out of it!” – Naomi W., North Carolina