K12 Online Homeschool Curriculum Review
SUMMARY of K12 Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grades: K-12th
- Subjects: All
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online
- Price: Free
How to Use K12 Online Public School in Your Homeschool
K12 is the trusted provider of online learning for many virtual public schools and homeschools. Indeed, K12’s public schools offer online, tuition-free education. In fact, students participating in the K12 program receive a high-quality, personalized education experience online. So with K12, students in grades K–12 enjoy a classroom in the home or on the road. Indeed, wherever an internet connection is available!
K12 Online Public School Highlights
Full-time students’ days include a combination of:
- Online lessons and interactive activities. Also virtual classroom sessions in the Online School (OLS)
- Independent activities not on the computer using K12-provided materials. In particular, textbooks and workbooks
- Interaction with teachers and classmates online or by phone
- Guidance from their Learning Coach to ensure they are making progress during the day
- Planned student activities and parent support as needed
In short, there’s a lot to love about K12 online public school. First, our favorite part, is the fact that it’s FREE! Additionally, all the lessons and activities are pre-planned (so there’s no lesson planning required). And K12 provides all materials students need. Indeed, right down to the workbooks. Lastly, in addition to supplying teachers, K12 also supplies Learning Coaches which helps with accountability. So, again, there is a lot to love.
K12 Online Public School Pros and Cons
- Certified teachers are the instructors.
- Pre-planned coursework.
- Fully accredited.
- No choice over curriculum.
- It’s not homeschooling. In other words, parents don’t teach their children.
- No control over course selection.
Additional Comments from K12 Online Public School Users
“I get to learn at my own pace and focus better. I don’t have any other distractions.” – Red S., Student
“He has a lot of challenges, and this school lets him fly. He’s doing amazing.” – Carrie F., Parent
“She’s learning faster, better, and… she just gets to be more of herself.” – Jennifer M., Parent
“I have a lot of free time, so it’s easier for me to do my experiments.” – Joshua M., Student