Nexbooks Homeschool Product Review
- Grades: 7th-12th
- Subjects: Math, Science, Unique Electives
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Video-Based Learning, Online
- Price: $19.95/month or $129/year for unlimited classes
Video-based, self-graded courses, perfect for middle-schoolers, high-schoolers, and everyone else!
How to Use Nexbooks in Your Homeschool
Nexbooks offers a variety of courses that can be used as your core courses in math and foreign language (Hebrew) along with a large variety of courses that would work perfectly as high school electives. Every person learns at a different pace, which is how it should be. The courses are self-directed, so they can happen around your life and other obligations. Some courses are designed to be completed in weeks while others are likely to require a semester to complete, but there are no hard and fast rules.
One of the great things about Nexbooks is that the courses are self-contained and require absolutely no subject-matter expertise on the part of the parent/teacher. They understand that boredom is the number one killer of motivation, and their goal is to create courses that are NOT boring, but rather, are relevant and fun.
- Video-based, online courses
- Fun & Engaging – “Kids love our unique electives and video-based math”
- A wide variety of original courses: Kid Business Owner, How to Adult, What is a Virus?, Know Your Car, Build Your Own Computer, Algebra, etc. – with the list continually growing!
Nexbooks Pros and Cons
- Unique, fun elective courses with practical options to help students prepare for life after high school
- Self-paced so each student can progress at their own speed
- May not cater to every learning style
Additional Comments from Nexbooks Users
“I think Nexbooks is awesome because the instructor gives simple but really helpful instructions and techniques. Additionally, he makes learning math easy and overall fun.” – Veronica V.
“For the past 18 years, I have taught my children through charter schools’ independent study programs. I have discovered your program through scrutinizing the online courses of every single vendor that offers them through our charter school. Your courses appear to be head and shoulders above all the rest.” – Brigitte