Outschool Homeschool Curriculum Review
SUMMARY of Outschool Homeschool Curriculum Review:
- Grades: K-12th
- Subjects: all
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: video-based virtual learning
- Price: Paid, classes start at $10/mo.
How to Use Outschool in Your Homeschool
Outschool is perfect for a variety of course options. Students can choose learning experiences that they need a la carte. Courses are also great for fulfilling elective credits for high school students. Students access online learning on any device with live online classes that fit your learner’s needs, interests, and schedules.
Classes are available for students from Kindergarten through High school. Students can supplement their learning with core classes and even passion courses, individually and even in small groups. Outschool is great for learning those things you’ve always wanted to learn!
Outschool offers over 140,000 interactive online classes for kids of all ages and grades and more than 10,000 outschool teachers with classes in:
- Arts – Drawing, Photography, Dance, Theatre, Sewing, and more!
- English – Creative Writing, Grammar, Spelling, Book Clubs, Essay, and more!
- Life Skills – Cooking, Finance, Critical Thinking, Study Skills, and more!
- Music – Guitar, Piano, Singing, Composition, Music Theory, and more!
- Social Studies – Geography, Anthropology, Economics, Politics, and more!
- Coding and Tech – Video Game Design, Robotics, Engineering, and more!
- Math – Algebra, Numbers, Geometry, Calculus, Statistics, Probability, and more!
- Health and Wellness – Hygiene, Emotions, Exercise, Nutrition, Mindfulness, and more!
- Science and Nature – Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, Astronomy, Anatomy, and more!
- World Languages – Spanish, ASL, French, Japanese, German, Latin, and more!
- Learner Favorites – LEGO, Minecraft, Pokemon, Fortnite, D&D, and more!
Outschool Pros and Cons
- With so many options, there’s truly something for everyone.
- The classes are interactive, so it isn’t your child just watching a video; they actually have a teacher and classmates.
- There are many options geared specifically for special needs students.
- This site is great for taking high school electives.
- Access to so many great classes while still being able to be at home
- They offer a “Learner Allowance” which allows the parent to add funds to the student’s account. The student can then browse classes and request ones they would like to join. Once the parent approves the class, the student is enrolled. This gives them independence and a feeling of control over their learning.
- With so much to choose from, all bases seem to be covered. I really couldn’t find a con with Outschool.
For almost any subject you or your learner can think of, you’ll find a class for it on Outschool.
They offer many different types of classes, ranging from more traditional core curriculum subjects, such as math, language arts, and writing, to more pop culture topics like Dungeons & Dragons, Wings of Fire, or Stranger Things. Outschool offers a wide variety of STEAM classes covering everything from coding and engineering, physics, veterinary care, and video games, and a breadth of enrichment activities like cooking, dance, art, music, yoga, and meditation.
Outschool also offers a variety of formats to fit your schedule. One-time classes provide a class meeting only once on a particular topic. Multi-day and Multi-week courses provide a deeper dive into a subject, as do Semester courses. Flexible Schedule classes do not offer live meetings but have a specific start and end date and lots of student-teacher interaction via asynchronous messaging in the Outschool Classroom, or via video chats that are arranged on a custom basis.
Let them lead
Outschool empowers kids and teens to take charge of their learning and explore the topics they love most.
Help them connect
Outschool’s live, small group classes and dynamic teachers help kids build genuine friendships.
Learn from the best
Outschool’s educators are safe, vetted, and experienced… and most importantly, passionate about what they teach.
Outschool offers more than 100,000 live online classes to more than 900,000 learners in 174 countries worldwide. Kids take classes in subjects ranging from tap dance to fractions, and coding to Pokémon painting.
Helpful Resources from Outschool
You can join Outschool for free today, and see what they have to offer!