Reading Kingdom Homeschool Product Review
Reading Kingdom Product Review
How to Use Reading Kingdom
Reading Kingdom is an online reading program for students from Preschool to 3rd grade. Reading Kingdom’s “Phonics-PLUS” decoding system covers sequencing, writing, sounds, meaning, grammar, and comprehension, providing students with well-rounded reading instruction. The program is divided into reader levels according to grade level. Since the program meets students wherever they’re “at” academically, it’s ideal for students who are on-level as well as those who may have learning disabilities. The creators of Reading Kingdom are confident you’ll be satisfied but if you’d like to reassure yourself, take advantage of the FREE 30-day trial! When your trial is up, continue benefitting from this complete reading program for less than $20/month. Need to enroll siblings as well? Reading Kingdom offers a 50% discount for siblings, and you’re free to cancel any student at any time.
Reading Kingdom Program Features
- Online platform
- Program customizes to your child
- Create individual accounts for each child
- Help your children master reading with the Phonics-Plus model
The program succeeds even when others fail because of its unique and new approach. It is the only program that uses the “Phonics-Plus” model of instruction created by Dr. Marion Blank, one of the world’s top experts in reading. They also have a program for children on the autism spectrum, www.ASDReading.com. Start your child on the road to reading success today with Reading Kingdom!
Reading Kingdom Pros and Cons
Reading Kingdom Pricing Information
Visit their homeschool pricing page for exact details. The pricing is somewhat confusing. It appears to be $19.99 for one child. Each additional child adds a $9.99 fee to the monthly total.
- “The Reading Kingdom is aimed at children 4-10 years of age in the general school population, or those who will be going to the general school population. The program is designed primarily for three groups:
- young children who are 4 years of age and up whose parents or teachers want them to get into reading in a smooth, problem-free way and have a leg up in school. If a child has been attending preschool, or kindergarten, then the program is likely to suit him or her well.
- children in the early primary grades of school whose parents or teachers want them to attain the highest possible level of skill in reading, writing, and comprehension so that they shine in all aspects of literacy.
- children in the primary grades who are, often inexplicably, experiencing difficulty in learning to read.”
- “We recommend starting the program when a child is 4 to 5 years old. If you do, smooth patterns of reading are established at the outset and school performance is greatly improved. However, if a child is already in the primary grades and is experiencing difficulty in learning to read, you can begin using this program at any time. The basic requirement is that a child should, without strain, be able to work on activities for 15 to 20 minutes at a time.”
- “One of the great features of the Reading Kingdom is that it is “kid-customized.” Each child is only taught exactly what they need and are ready for, so a child never gets bored learning something they already know or frustrated with material that is too complicated for them.”