Science Shepherd Homeschool Curriculum Review
SUMMARY of Science Shepherd Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grades: 1-12
- Subjects: Science
- Category: Faith-based
- Format: Textbook, Video, and Online options
- Price: Varies by class and format
Visit the Science Shepherd website
How to Use Science Shepherd in Your Homeschool
Science Shepherd offers a full science curriculum for all grades, 1-12. While there are suggested courses based on grades, there is definitely a flexibility aspect that allows you to move at the speed and choose the course best for your family. As Science Shepherd is a faith-based curriculum, the courses are presented from a Biblical perspective, and whether you choose an online or DVD format, you can rest assured that through this curriculum, your child will learn what God has to say about science.
Science Shepherd Highlights
Science Shepherd courses and suggested grades for each are as follows:
- Introductory Science (grades 1-5)
- Physical Science (grades 3-6 and beyond)
- Unearthing the Bible (grades 3-8 and beyond)
- Astronomy: God’s Universe (grades 5-9 and beyond)
- Life Science (grades 6-10 and beyond)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry (grades 7-10 and beyond)
- Fundamentals of Physics (grades 8-10 and beyond)
- Biology (grades 9-12)
- More courses are in development, so be sure to check back for the new additions!
If these course progressions and grade suggestions seem a bit daunting, Science Shepherd offers this blog post to help walk parents through the available options to make the best choice for their children and family.
While Science Shepherd employs online content, video lessons, and workbooks, all of their online lessons are available for a free preview here. Visit their website and preview the courses to see a bit of what they have to offer!
Science Shepherd Pros and Cons
- Easy to understand curriculum for children and parents
- Can easily be adapted to use in a homeschool co-op
- Free previews of each online course
- Different formats for different preferences (online or DVD)
- Discounts for Military and Missionary families
- As adaptable as these courses are, there are no evident cons that we found
Helpful Resources from Science Shepherd
Science Shepherd offers a number of their Creation Science curriculum resources absolutely free! The curriculum features include:
- Explore creation & evolution in-depth with the free, 13-part Genesis Worldview class.
- Download free lectures to learn more about natural selection and other topics.
- The Philosophy & History of Origins (paid) is available for additional study in creation/evolution.
- Presented from a biblical worldview.
- Great for homeschool families.
Grab this great resource for your family here!