Singapore Math Learning Center Homeschool Curriculum Review
Summary of Singapore Math Learning Center Homeschool Curriculum Review:
- Grades: K-8
- Subjects: Math
- Category: Non-faith based
- Format: Online
- Price: varies
Visit Singapore Math Learning Center here.
How to Use Singapore Math Learning Center in Your Homeschool
Singapore Math Learning Center offers individual online tutoring and online classes to those interested in using the Singapore Mathematics method.
The Singapore Mathematics framework was developed on the basis that problem-solving is central to learning math and uses the concrete to pictorial to abstract learning approach to encourage active thinking, understanding, and communication of math concepts and problem-solving.
Singapore Math Learning Center Highlights
Wondering what Singapore Math is? A quote from the Singapore Math Learning Center states, “Before the 1980s, Singapore imported its math textbooks from other countries and its students were ranked in the lower half of countries in mathematics. At the beginning of 1980, Singapore started developing its own primary and secondary textbooks, The Curriculum Development Institute of Singapore published its first math program in 1982. In 1995, Singapore’s students were ranked first in the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS). Since then, Singapore’s students have been consistently ranked among the top.”
Singapore Math Learning Center offers online classes and tutoring to help you as you homeschool your child using Singapore Math. They offer live online classes, self-paced courses, and tutoring. It is suitable for:
- Parents with Children in Grades K – 8.
- Parents who want their child to build a Strong Foundation in Mathematics and Problem Solving.
- Parents whose child is using the Singapore Mathematics curriculum at school and need Additional Support.
- Parents who are using the Singapore Mathematics curriculum for Homeschooling and need additional support.
- Slides/Materials are provided for self-paced courses so your child can follow along.
- Parents who would like their child to learn Singapore Mathematics Problem Solving Strategies.
Singapore Math Learning Center Pros and Cons
- The option of live classes with a teacher in real-time
- Self-paced course options for the independent learner
- Tutoring for those who need additional help
- The convenience of being all online
- Additional screen time for your child
- May not cater to every learning style
Additional Comments from Singapore Math Learning Center Users
“Ban Wah is exceptional. He is very accessible and communicates frequently. My daughter enjoys their tutoring sessions as he has connected with her despite all their differences and meeting only via the site. She knows he cares about her understanding of the subjects being covered and she is aware of his expectations.” – Patricia D. (Parent of 5th Grader)
“Melody has had patience with both my kids and has brought both of them to a place where they can start to understand math more.” – Allison B. (Parent of 3rd and 5th Graders)