As a mother of six children, I have found that “good character” is not something that just happens with a child. It takes intentionality, effort, and more effort. Some days are more difficult than others and some are more discouraging than others. But in the long run, teaching character to our children doesn’t happen overnight. It takes years of little baby steps, of teaching, and of living an example of good character in front of them.
With that in mind, I’d love to share the suite of resources that I’ve developed along with a few podcasts and other helpful things that may encourage you as you teach and instill character in your children.
Teaching Character Series
This series includes several articles as well as a downloadable workbook with lessons and worksheets. Perfect for the elementary-age student.
- Honesty and Humility Character Qualities
- Gentleness, Gratefulness, Generosity Character Qualities
- Joyfulness, Justice, and Love Character Qualities
- Diligence and Dependability Character Qualities
- Wisdom, Compassion, and Contentment Character Qualities