Christian Homeschool Resources
Christian Homeschooling Resources
For many Christians, homeschooling is an active extension of their faith and beliefs. Within the homeschool culture, Christian resources do abound and finding the resources that fit your homeschooling style and your child’s learning style can be challenging and overwhelming at best. Cut through the confusion and find curriculum reviews and insights from other homeschooling parents like yourself.
Find Your Best Fit Christian Curriculum
Don’t despair, with all the many resources for homeschoolers, you can rest assured there is a perfect fit for your family. As you are searching, that perfect fit may feel somewhat elusive but Homeschool.com has an amazing assortment of resources to help you find your niche. How do you find your best-fit curriculum? Take a minute to take the following quizzes to help direct you toward a curriculum that aligns with the individual needs of your family.
- Homeschool Styles Quiz (Teaching Method)
- Learning Styles Quiz (Learning Modalities)
- Christian Homeschooling Curriculum
Explore our Free Christian Curriculum Resources
Finding the Right Curriculum
- Step 1 – Take the quizzes listed above to know which direction you need to head.
- Step 2 – Research curriculum that aligns with the teaching and learning styles you discovered above.
- Step 3 – Try it out. Some curriculum will offer a free homeschool course trial.
- Step 4 – Plan out your day. How will you implement the learning process in your home?
- Step 5 – Plan out your learning location. Organize and arrange an area that is conducive to learning!
Visit our podcast section to listen to an amazing assortment of Homeschool Learning Styles Podcasts from homeschool experts around the world.
Grab Free Christian Resources!
How do I Align the Curriculum with my Homeschooling Method?
Your homeschooling method (teaching method) should also support how your child learns. Here are a few ideas:
- Your child loves books and reading – a literature-based curriculum might work best for you!
- Your child loves nature and learning through exploration – then a Charlotte Mason based curriculum might be optimal.
- Your child loves computers, videos, or even gaming – then an online homeschool curriculum or video-based learning program might be a good fit!
- Your child loves history and has a flair for language learning – then a classical style curriculum might be your recipe for success!
“During our seven years of homeschooling, we have used several approaches, including a unit study curriculum. Then we began using some of this and a little of that and doing lots of field trips, having more of an eclectic approach. For a couple years we ‘co-op’ schooled with my sister-in-law and a close friend. It was a great experience. This year we’re trying a few subjects in an online school, while keeping some of the workbook subjects that we’ve had success in. Our curriculum includes band for three of the kids at the local school, Civil Air Patrol for our oldest son, Boy Scouts for the middle son, and Girl Scouts for our daughters and myself, as well as active involvement and service with our church. We also include many field trips and activities with our local homeschool support group.”
Finding Christian Curriculum Starts Here!
There is a multitude of options available for Christian homeschooling. With so many resources, making an informed decision in the midst of all that noise can be overwhelming. Take it easy on yourself and start your search right here: