Laurel Springs Homeschool Curriculum Review
SUMMARY of Laurel Springs Homeschool Curriculum Review
- Grades: K-12
- Subjects: All-in-One
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Traditional
- Price: Dependent on course selection, curriculum package, and grade level. See website for pricing details.
How to Use Laurel Springs in Your Homeschool
By selecting a curriculum pathway that mirrors their interest and by working at their own pace, students enrolled in online schools can personalize their educational experience. Each student participating in Laurel Springs’ programs will have equal access to opportunities associated with their long-term learning goals. Through collaboration with peers and instructors, students can quickly recognize areas for improvement. The increased engagement will serve to keep students interested in the course material, which is likely to improve their performance and understanding of the subject matter. Authentic feedback from assignments will highlight areas in which students can improve and help guide the learning process.
Further, Laurel Springs offers a gifted academy. At Laurel Springs, they understand the unique needs and abilities of gifted children. As a distance learning program, they are able to create an individualized learning plan that is built upon each student’s strengths and needs. Additionally, Academy students are placed in the most appropriate courses for their learning level, regardless of their chronological age.
Laurel Springs Highlights
- Flexibility. Laurel Springs School’s online program is designed for students who wish to grow and excel academically and personally while maintaining a flexible schedule. Our personalized approach is competency-based and asynchronous, meaning students have the opportunity to progress through material at a pace that honors their individual skills and knowledge. This approach also allows students to adapt their schedules to accommodate outside interests.
- Curriculum. Laurel Springs offers a diverse College Preparatory curriculum that allows students to meet academic requirements for graduation and prepares them for challenges they’ll face in college and at the career level. Laurel Springs offers online and text-based course offerings that are supported by a caring teaching staff that works closely with each student to ensure a full understanding of course material.
- Accreditation. As an accredited online school, Laurel Springs meets the highest standards of excellence and offers students and their families the peace of mind that comes with a premier private school experience. Laurel Springs strives to meet the highest standards of excellence, and we are proud to be accredited by AdvancED and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). This accreditation ensures students receive reciprocity of credits, courses, and grade-level placements, while transcripts receive recognition from colleges and universities worldwide. Additionally, we offer many courses that are approved by the NCAA and the University of California a-g.
- Online Classes for Students in Grades K-5. In elementary school, Laurel Springs nurtures a child’s natural love of learning with caring teachers and a stimulating curriculum appropriate for an exceptional online elementary school. They celebrate the early elementary years by encouraging exploration, emotional growth, fostering positive learning experiences, and of course, fun! In grades K-2, students can enroll in the project-based curriculum offering and once they reach grade 3, can select from text-based courses or online courses depending on the subject area and grade in which they are enrolled. Lower school classes through our accredited online school give students a strong foundation to build upon as they advance into the middle school program.
- Private Online Middle School Program for Grades 6-8. Students in the middle school grades vary in their levels of maturity. During these transformative years, it’s important that we focus on building self-esteem and laying the groundwork for success in upper school while continuing to nurture a natural love of learning. While they progress through the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades, students work with customized learning plans to ensure the best educational experience. Students in the online middle school program have the opportunity to develop their time management skills further as they progress into more independent learners.
- Private Online High School Courses. The high school years are an important time in a student’s life, both academically and emotionally. Laurel Springs’s upper school college prep program offers exceptional online high school courses and curriculum options designed to challenge students to discover, explore, and grow.
Laurel Springs School Pros and Cons
- All-in-One Curriculum.
- Prevents mixing curricula for core subjects.
- Quite expensive.
- May require a strong internet connection and/or not work well with all learning styles.
Additional Comments from Laurel Springs School Users
“This is our first year and I couldn’t have been more impressed with the academics and the extremely thought out platform that the students use daily. Our 7th grader is thriving! I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an accredited school that works around their student’s schedule.” – Jenn B.
“My son is autistic and was not thriving in his school environment. Mary Kay Stern and the staff at Laurel Springs have gone above and beyond to help guide us. They care about students well being and parents. They have been helpful especially with military families and make homeschooling far less challenging than it has to be. Thank you so much for allowing my child to thrive.” – Katherine L.