Wyz Create Homeschool Curriculum Review
Wyz Create Homeschool Curriculum Review Summary
- Grades: 2-12
- Subjects: Computer Science
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online, App
- Price: $9.95/monthly or $7.95/month for 12 months
How to Use Wyz Create in Your Homeschool
Do you have a child who is tech-savvy and interested in creating their own apps? Wyz Create is an app-making platform that presents powerful programming fundamentals in an intuitive way. It is simple to get started! They offer 2 different Wyz Kits in different difficulty levels:
- The Discovery Series (for ages 7-12) – Jump into your app-making journey by exploring different App Islands with your sidekick, Jem the flying squirrel. Learn fundamental programming skills that will help you solve the challenges you find on your expedition and beyond. Subscribers of the Discovery Series learn intermediate-level programming skills focused on the creation of mobile games. Kits will gradually increase to a more advanced level.
- The Game Maker Series (for ages 10-14+) – Unleash your inner game designer with this Intermediate – Advanced game-making series. Create arcade games, action games, tile games, multiplayer games, and more, with concepts like subroutines, conditional statements, and loops. Subscribers of the Game Maker Series learn intermediate-level programming skills focused on the creation of mobile games. Kits will gradually increase to a more advanced level.
Once you’ve chosen your Kit, you’re on your way! Each Wyz Kit sends kids on a new app-making adventure equipped with expertly created instructional videos and helpful learning materials that guide them through their app-building process within the free Wyz Create app.
After the Wyz Create app has been downloaded, you can begin building and creating. Jump into your kit instructional videos, printable guides, adventure games, and more to bring your app to life! Once you’ve created your own apps, sharing them is easy! Every web app you create generates its own url which you can share with friends and family, regardless of device.
View some of the apps created with Wyz Create here.
Wyz Create Highlights
Each Wyz Kit includes:
- Main App Project – The sample app you’ll be building that month
- Video Tutorials – Step-by-step video app-making tutorials
- Digital + Printable Kit Guide – Convenient online and offline materials
- App-Making Challenges – Use your new skills to build your own unique app
- Exploration Themes + Games – Dive into that month’s theme through fun facts & knowledge games (Discovery Series only)
- Bonus Hacks – Tips for taking your apps to the next level
Wyz Create Pros and Cons
- A 14-day free trial
- New material each month
- A great way to learn coding
- Wyz Create is currently only available on iOS and is best used on an iPad or M1 Mac.
Additional Comments from a Wyz Create User
“My son is very passionate about video games and had a strong desire to create something of his own. Wyz Create gave him the platform that he needed to bring his ideas to life. The Wyz Create platform has a smart design and with enough time your child will be able to create something awesome!” – Candice M., parent