Homeschool convention season is wrapping up for 2018. But, what happens if you can’t make it to the convention in person? Are there any other options for participating in a homeschool convention? Absolutely! Did you know you can attend virtual homeschool conferences? If you homeschool high school students, this fact is probably music to your ears! This year, Homeschool.com and Let’sHomeschoolHighSchool.com are partnering to you bring you a homeschool conference specifically for high schoolers. From amazing guest speakers to exhibit halls chock full of curriculum, it’s a homeschooling parent’s dream come true! If this is news that excites you, keep reading to learn more about the 2018 homeschool high school virtual conference!
What’s a Virtual Conference?
A virtual conference makes attending conferences so much easier! Basically, it’s a way for you to attend an incredible homeschooling convention at a much lower price (less than $30!) and without having to change out of your pajamas.
One of the most anticipated and exciting things about homeschool conferences is always the guest speakers! The virtual conference is no different in this sense and promises to deliver information from some of the top names in homeschooling. Just who will be speaking at the virtual conference?
- Miro and Lainie – Worldschoolers and experienced unschoolers, Miro and his mother live without possessions and follow their dreams of using the world as their classroom!
- Julie Bogart – Fans of Brave Writer curriculum will recognize this name immediately! Listen as Julie shares her experiences in homeschooling and gives more insight into Brave Writer.
- Jean Burk – As a homeschooling mom and the creator of College Prep Genius, Jean Burk will offer encouragement and tips on how you can help your students do well on the SAT and/or the PSAT/NMSQT.
- Jennifer Henson – Looking for information on how to help your student score high on the ACT? You won’t want to miss Jennifer’s presentation!
- Jeffrey Mays – Novelist and short story writer, Jeffrey Mays also handles the marketing and technical department at Novare Science & Math and Centripetal Press.
- Tony Miglio – Tony specializes in helping students prepare for the math portion of the ACT. With over 12 years of experience, he’s had the opportunity to raise students’ scores by as much as 8 points!
- Lesley Phelps – As the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at StraighterLine, Lesley’s main focus is helping your students save money as they earn a college degree.
- Dr. Rob Reynolds – With over 30 years of experience as a high school teacher and administrator, Dr. Reynolds also serves on the board of a nonprofit dedicated to providing everyone with cost-effective learning.
- Andy Wells – As an instructional designer, Andy strives to help parents become involved in their child’s learning.
- Nicole Yacura – Ever wish you could hear about the results of homeschooling from a student’s point of view? If so, you won’t want to miss what Nicole has to say!
Be sure to check out some of the amazing companies who are sponsoring the virtual conference! Some of the sponsors include:
- The Royal Conservatory of Music – Dedicated to developing a student’s potential through music education, The Royal Conservatory of Music counts artists such as Sarah McLachlan, David Foster, and Oscar Peterson among its alumni. The program – which is used by over 30,000 teachers – is recognized internationally as being quite thorough.
- College Prep Genius – Need some help preparing your students for the SAT? College Prep Genius is a very affordable and thorough solution!
- Novare Science & Math and Centripetal Press – Whether you’re looking for secular science programs or a faith-based course, you’ll find exactly what you need for an integrated science program.
What Is This Conference About?
Homeschooling can sometimes feel very, very lonely for the teachers. You crave interaction but seldom find the time to make a move toward that. The purpose of this virtual conference is to offer up encouragement and direction to those homeschooling high school students, as well as to high school students themselves. That said, you can expect a ton of relevant information from all guest speakers. If you have questions about homeschooling high school, this is definitely the virtual conference for you!
For many parents, high school can seem intimidating. But, it doesn’t have to be! Attend the virtual conference and put some of those fears to rest!