Making the decision to take control of your children’s education can seem overwhelming. More and more families are making the decision to homeschool. Today more than three million children are being taught at home – by parents just like you.
To help you make the decision that is right for you and your family, all the resources, including Support Groups, are brought together here at Homeschool.com.
Our member Forums are filled with parents just like you who are willing to share their advice and experiences.
And we have an excellent 60-minute recording below, entitled “Who Are Homeschoolers and What Do They Do All Day?” And you can find more homeschool recordings here.
The requirements to begin homeschooling differ across the United States. However, the process of getting started will require a few basic “first steps.” These should include:
- Develop your homeschooling goals
- Research your state laws and fulfill their requirements
- Understand your student’s learning styles and what motivates them. Take this Homeschool Styles Quiz and this Learning Styles Quiz to get you started!
- Research curriculum that supports your homeschool goals and your student’s learning styles.
- Organize your homeschooling location, your curriculum, your four-year high school plan, and your daily schedule.
- Take a deep breath, and get started!
Getting started with homeschooling can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Watch this video to get help with those scary first steps, like figuring out a schedule that works and deciding if your kids really need a diploma from an accredited high school (hint: they probably don’t!). You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to get started!