September Free Homeschool PrintablesSeptember 19, 2021
Can you believe it’s already September, and actually fall? For some of us, it still feels like the middle of summer, but we’re longing for the cool crisp mornings, falling leaves, and amazing scents that fall brings. Until that actually happens, we can enjoy fall with our fall-flavored coffee, tea, and maybe a hint of fall in our September free homeschool printables for this month!
Free Homeschool Calendar Printable
We love sharing a monthly calendar with you, especially one that you’ll be proud to display in your homeschool! It’s beautifully designed and whether it feels like fall outside, you’ll be feeling fall inside! Teach your children independence by giving them a homeschool calendar or checklist that lets them know everything that they are required to do each day. Then let them manage themselves. This process has worked great for our six kids over the years!
September Free Homeschool Printables
September Journal Page (faith-based): We like to print these out 2 per page and double-sided and we create a little book for them each month! In fact, one month, we used a paper bag to create a cover. You simply fold it over several times to make it thick and use a rubber band or ribbon to secure your journal pages inside the cover!
September Scripture Writing Plan (faith-based): What better way to practice handwriting than by taking a moment to write truth found in God’s Word? This month’s theme of Diligence will help your children get focused and prepared for the day.
Apple Contraction Practice: Take a break from the warm weather and have some apple-themed fun matching contractions with their word substitutes.
Picking Apples Color-by-Number: Your young children will enjoy this apple-themed color-by-number!
Apple Art and Writing Practice: Your little ones can practice their portrait and writing skills with this printable!
Trace the Numbers: Your child can practice writing their numbers before coloring the apples in this printable. This would be a good opportunity to also discuss how not all apples are the same color, and how the different colors have different tastes!
Telling Time with Inchy: Practice telling time with these fun worm-filled apple clocks!
Apple Trees Line Practice: Help the apples find their trees with this line tracing printable!
Apple Letter Sorting: Tracing, cutting, gluing… This fun apple printable has it all!
Planning with Printables
Our team has combined their experience as homeschoolers and brought together a comprehensive group of home-school resources that are designed to help you easily plan and navigate your homeschool year. Here are our simple tips that answer the question “How do I Homeschool My Child?”
- Check Your State Laws
- Research Homeschool Methods, Learning Preferences, and Curriculum – this is where we come in. We’ve developed several online quizzes that will help you diagnose your preferred homeschooling method, your child’s learning preferences, and even how to find homeschool resources that fit.
- Get plugged in and join a homeschool group or a co-op. Support in your journey is important, and if you can’t find a physical homeschool support group, please join us on FB or Instagram!
- Have a flexible plan. As I’ve already mentioned I need to plan, but a simple flexible plan is what seems to work best for almost all homeschooling families. Remember “KISS” – keep it simple, stupid. (I’m speaking to myself!)
- Listen to Yourself. Stay on top of how things are going. Homeschooling can be a joyful fulfilling experience but not if everyone is stressed out. Take breaks, relax, set goals. And it’s fall – try some fun fall homeschool activities!
- Google the topic or theme for each of your unit studies to find the free homeschooling printables you need for the month.
- Print and then place in a folder ready for daily use.
Find Our Full List of Printables by Age
Homeschool Copy Work Ebook
If you are wanting to get the kids doing copy work each day this year, you might want to try our free full-year copy work ebook. We’ve used scripture as the “copy work” foundation and it ties in beautifully with the journal pages above. Download your free ebook below!
Naomi White graduated with her B.S. in Christian Elementary Education and went on to earn her Early Childhood Education certification. She has taught preschool and elementary school in both Christian and public schools. She loves to read and write, is a pastor’s wife and stay-at-home mom, and is eagerly awaiting the day her son is old enough for them to start their own homeschool journey. Originally a Georgia girl, Naomi currently lives in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina with her family.